Concluding Brit the Elder’s fun quiz for all book-lovers (see part 2 here)…. Simply identify the literary work and author from the initials. A few are slightly obscure but you’ll know most. There’s also a clue for each one. Readers are free to post answers in the comments, so don’t read those if you don’t want to spoil it.
36. TGG by FSF Some said he had been a German spy
37. TDC by LT The way that can be spoken of is not the constant way.
38. TSTS by IM I saw a monster rising from the waves.
39. HOD by JC horror
40. C,TBC by AP “It was my son that killed your son,” said the old man.
41. SPOW(LOA) by TEL All men dream, but not equally.
42. AIW by LC She swam in her own tears
43. GE by CD Jaggers
44. ACO by AB What happened now was that one white-coated veck strapped my gulliver to a like head-rest, singing to himself all the time some vonny cally pop-song.
45. TSDOAM by ST Oh Joy! Oh Rapture! Pandora is organising a sock protest!
46. WH by CB …and stretching an arm out to seize the importunate branch; instead of which, my fingers closed on the fingers of a little ice-cold hand!
47. CAP by FD Being a small woman, the blow fell straight across the crown of her head.
48. TCITH by DS We looked! Then we saw him step on the mat! We looked! And we saw him!/
49. S by JS Time stopped and there was nothing in the world but two men looking into eternity in each other’s eyes. And the room rocked in the sudden blur of action…
50. TG by JD Owl ice cream
Click Continue Reading for the solution to last week’s quiz :
21. Farewell My Lovely: Raymond Chandler
22. A Farewell to Arms: Earnest Hemingway
23. Macbeth: William Shakespeare
24. Just William: Richmal Crompton
25. Four Quartets (East Coker): TS Eliot
26. The Fight: Norman Mailer
27. A History of the English Speaking Peoples: Winston Churchill
28. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time: Mark Haddon
29. Life of Pi: Yann Martel
30. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: JK Rowling
31. Pepys’s Diary: Samuel Pepys
32. On the Road: Jack Karouac
33. Diary of a Nobody: George and Weedon Grossmith
34. The Ginger Man: JP Donleavy
35. Lucky Jim: Kingsley Amis
Tags: RB Quiz