Continuing Brit the Elder’s fun quiz for all book-lovers (see part 1 here). Simply identify the literary work and author from the initials. A few are slightly obscure but you’ll know most. There’s also a clue for each one. Readers are free to post answers in the comments, so don’t read those if you don’t want to spoil it. Solution and part 3 to follow next week…
21. FML by RC Moose
22. AFTA by EH Bonello leaned over, put the pistol against the man’s head and pulled the trigger. The pistol did not fire. “You have to cock it,” I said. He cocked it and fired twice.
23. M by WS all our yesterdays
24. JW by RC Ethel, Robert, Mr and Mrs Brown
25. FQ (EC) by TSE In my beginning is my end
26. TF by NM A rumble in the jungle
27. AHOTESP by WC from the Birth of Britain…
28. TCIOTDITNT by MH The Monty Hall Problem
29. LOP by YM Tiger, hyena…meerkats
30. HPATOOTP by JKR Part 5
31. P’S D by SP I am told this day that Parliament hath voted 2s. per annum for every chimney in England, as a constant revenue to the Crowne.
32. OTR by JK …and I looked up at the ceiling and didn’t know who I was for about fifteen strange seconds.
33. DOAN by GA and WG April 9. Commenced the day badly.
34. TGM by JPD …And all I want is one break which is not my neck.
35. L J by KA His mouth had been used as a latrine by some small creature of the night.
Click Continue Reading for the solution to last week’s quiz :
1. The Social Contract Jean-Jaques Rousseau
2. Gone with the Wind Margaret Mitchell
3. The Water Babies Charles Kingsley
4. The Outsider/ The stranger Albert Camus
5. Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee Dee Brown
6. Cider with Rosie Laurie Lee
7. Winnie-the-Pooh AA Milne
8. The Selfish Gene Richard Dawkins
9. Gulliver’s Travels Jonathan Swift
10. Master and Commander Patrick O’Brian
11. The African Queen CS Forester
12. Tracatus Logico-Philosophicus Ludwig Wittgenstein
13. The Wind in the Willows Kenneth Graham
14. The Metamorphosis Franz Kafka
15. Dogger Shirley Hughes
16. Sredni Vashtar Saki
17. The Republic Plato
18. The Diary of Ann Frank Ann Frank
19. Moby Dick Herman Melville
20. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man James Joyce