Anyone may comment on The Dabbler, but the editors retain the right to remove or edit any comments for any reason at any time.
Any comment that contains 3 or more links in the body text will be held for moderation until we approve it. This is to prevent spam.
Please note that you comment on The Dabbler at your own risk and whatever you put in the ‘Name’ and URL boxes will appear publicly. Your email address will not appear publicly but will be visible to the site editors. However, we will not use this address other than to contact you should it be necessary for the smooth running of the site.
Glengoyne Comment of the month – Ts & Cs
1. To qualify to win the bottle of Glengoyne 10 Year Old whisky the commenter must be 18 or over and resident in the mainland UK.
2. The winner will be notified using the email address entered in the comments box and asked for postal details at that stage. If no reply is received within 3 weeks the Dabbler reserves the right to offer the prize to an alternative commenter.
3. The judges’ decision is final.
4. The Dabbler reserves the right to offer an alternative prize (for example, to overseas winners) or to offer no prize and withdraw the award at any time for any reason.
Dabbler Book Club – Terms and Conditions
1. By joining the Dabbler Book Club you agree that we will email you periodically to alert you that the ballot for the next book is open. We may include other offers and information in the email, but we will not pass your details on to any third parties.
2. If you wish to unsubscribe from the Club emails, you can reply to the email or email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
3. The winners will be notified using the email address given and books will be posted to the address given.
4. The Dabbler reserves the right to withdraw the offer of free books or to close the Club or remove any particular member from the Club for any reason at any time.
All content including text, graphics, headers (including “The 1p Book Review” etc), icons, reader comments, original category titles on all pages of The Dabbler (http://thedabbler.co.uk) is copyright of The Dabbler. All rights reserved.
Blog posts, feature articles and other artistic works posted under the individual names of our contributors (authors) are copyright by their respective creators. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
Fair use permits other bloggers, writers, and journalists to excerpt brief quotations from work appearing on this site for the purpose of discussing it in articles or reviews, so long as proper credit is given to the author who wrote the original work and a link is provided to the dedicated (permalink) page on this site containing the full text of the piece being discussed. It is customary for bloggers to display a quote from other blogs or sites in the context of their discussion of issues.
Bloggers and other writers are not permitted to copy entire posts from this site, or large portions of them, and publish on their own sites or publications, even if attribution is given.
“The Dabbler” is a registered trademark ®. All rights reserved.
The views expressed by individual contributors and commenters on this site do not necessarily represent those of The Dabbler and its editors. No responsibility is taken for any action taken or refrained from by a reader in consequence of the contents of this website.
Images and video use
All images, videos and other artworks reproduced on The Dabbler are used in good faith. If you are the owner of one of these and wish us to remove it or include an attribution, please email email@example.com and we will action your request as soon as possible.
Third party links
The site contains hypertext links to third party websites. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way such third party websites or their content. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Advertising and Sponsorship
Parts of the site contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the site complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. We are not responsible for any such material or any error or inaccuracy contained in such material and any issues which you may have should be raised directly with the relevant advertiser or sponsor.
Promotions, competitions and prize draws
We may from time to time run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on the site. Any such competitions, prize draws and/or other promotions will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made available to you at the relevant time.