Cryptic crosswords are too easy, aren’t they? What we need is something that somehow combines cryptic clues, anagrams and lateral thinking in a sort of mega-puzzle… Thankfully, that’s exactly what quiz-master Brit the Elder has created…
How to solve the ‘Fiddle and Find’ quiz:
(1) Solve the cryptic clue
(2) Apply the bracket to your answer
(3) Fiddle and find to get the final answer!
The final answers are all themed. The theme will become obvious after you’ve solved a few – and will then help you to solve more.
See Part 1 here. Full answers will appear later.
11. disorderly ant heaps (8) (as-le)
12. good provider (8) (ier-aty)
13. insulating current (7) (l-s)
14. unsanctioned art works (8) (it-e)
15. great country (7) (in-b)
16. pushes boats (6) (s-d)
17. twinkle to twinkle (5) (m-e)
18. tender suggestion (8) (al-ie)
19. American wager (6) (ae-do)
20. maintain application (5) (i-e)