Brit the Elder’s quizzes are notoriously fiendish, but this one is a bit of fun for all book-lovers. Simply identify the book (or short story) and author from the initials. A few are slightly obscure but you’ll know most. There’s also a clue for each one. Readers are free to post answers in the comments, so don’t read those if you don’t want to spoil it. Solution and part 2 to follow next week…
1. TSC by JJR …born free…
2. GWTW by MM …tomorrow is another day.
3. TWB by CK Tom, the little chimney sweep
4. TO or TS by AC Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday, I don’t know.
5. BMHAWK by DB They made us many promises…but they never kept but one. They promised to take our land, and they took it…
6. CWR by LL Huge and squat, the jar lay on the grass like an unexploded bomb.
7. W-T-P by AAM These are the wrong sort of bees!
8. TSG by RD Intelligent life on a planet comes of age when it works out the reason for its existence.
9. GT by JS Luggnagg
10. MAC by PO’B Sophie
11. TAQ by CSF Allnutt and Rose
12. TL-P by LW The world is everything that is the case.
13. TWITW by KG Uptails all!
14. TM by FK What has happened to me?
15. D by SH Then Bella did something very kind.
16. SV by S Do one thing for me, SV.
17. TR by P “So opinion and knowledge must have different correalates corresponding to their difference of faculty.” “They must.”
18. TDOAF by AF I want to go on living after my death.
19. MD by HM Call me!
20. POTAAAYM by JJ Hero