Something a bit different for this week’s RB Quiz, which has been supplied, funnily enough, by my Dad – a keen and fiendish crossword champion.
It comes in two parts. Brit the Elder has supplied 10 cryptic clues: the first five clues are below, the rest will follow tomorrow.
To make it extra tricksy, the answers are all connected. For a cream bun, you have to find the connection; and for a mega-cream bun, with extra cream and extra bun, identify the odd one out…
- Generator of Monday chaos? (6)
- Light equipment made from cobalt or chromium. (5)
- Part of what might fall on the ungodly. (9)
- Formidable weapon for formidable woman? (6-3)
- Regard tug from vantage point. (10)
The second set of questions and the answers to the first set will appear tomorrow…